Sending in completed WU's on dial-up

WingaWinga MrSouth Africa Icrontian
edited March 2007 in Folding@Home
I have decided to give one of my folding rigs to my parents in-law as their computer has packed up; but only on the proviso that it keeps folding under my name. They only have dial-up to the internet.

Now I have noticed that if a work unit is unable to be sent to Stanford for whatever reason, the F@h client will continue to try until it gets a connection and is able to send the WU. However the time period between attempts gets longer and longer every time it tries.

That means that if my in-laws fail to link to the net just after the WU has completed, they may have to wait a while before the client attempts to send the unit again. I know that under those circumstances they will not be prepared to leave the dial-up connection on line until it's sent again.
So what I'm basically asking is if there is a way to manually get the F@h client to send the completed WU instead of waiting for it to decide to do so.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, there is a command you can run that will send the WU in, Prof knows the command, I can't seem to find it right this moment.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Or you can close it and restart F@H. On restart it will try to send right away.

The other option is the one that I use n a couple of boxes. I have two instances running, both that have to ask to send. That way there is no rush to send since the box still has work.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited March 2007
    the -send all flag will make the client send all completed WU's on reconnection and restart.