Apple launches Complete My Album

WingaWinga MrSouth Africa Icrontian
edited March 2007 in Science & Tech
Apple has announced the release of a new iTunes service called Complete My Album, which allows customers to turn their previously purchased individual tracks into a complete album.

“Music fans can now round out their music collections by upgrading their singles into complete albums with just one click, and get full credit for those songs they have previously purchased from iTunes,” said Eddy Cue, vice president of iTunes.

Complete My Album allows customers who have previously bought individual songs, the option to purchase the rest of the songs from the qualifying album at a reduced price.
Clients will be able to take up this offer up to 180 days after first purchasing the individual songs. By upgrading to the whole album, they will get a 99c credit on their existing tracks.

For example, customers who had already bought three tracks for 99 cents and then decide to buy the whole $9.99 album, will get a $2.97 credit for the songs they already own and the remaining album will cost them $7.02 without them having to buy the singles again.

The iTunes Store features a catalog with over four million songs and have sold over two billion songs to date as well as millions of TV shows and movies.