New Computer

JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
edited April 2007 in Hardware
Hey. I'm thinking about buying a new computer, or, really upgrade my own.
I'm not gonna upgrade untill august/september, but it would be nice with some tip to what hardware i should buy. Basically I would need a new motherboard, CPU, RAM and Video Card. I would also like to buy a new harddrive, to have as a secondary. I'm a gamer, and would need to be able to play pretty demanding games. If you could recommend a screen too, that would be nice, but it's not my first priority.

Comments

• KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited April 2007
    :wave: Hi jokke

Approx - how much do you want spend on this new rig?

If you want to upgrade yours - we need some details of what you have now i.e. mobo, ram, cpu.........

What size monitor screen?

As a gamer would you want to
    - continue with XP or
    - just compatible games with Vista,
    - or dual boot
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Hmm, i would count from norwegian KR, but about $1800-$1900 (about £1000)

Right now I have Abit AN-7 motherboard, AMD Athlon XP2800, Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro and 1Gb TwinMos PC 3200 DDR-DIMM. I have a Seagate Barracuda 160 Gb HD.

As for the XP/Vista issue, I'm not sure. Games will be compatible with XP for a good couple of years, won't they? I thing buying Vista would be a vaste of money, plus, i recon it's full of flaws? What do you think?
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited April 2007
    Hi Check out this article by Sledgehammer

http://www.short-media.com/articles/gaming_system_specs_guide_for_casual_gamer

Should point you in the right direction - awesome reading :)
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Thanks, this is a nice guide. I'll try tyo scan the internet for some prices and such, and may report back here with what I'll find.