blue screens installing Palm software on XP

edited April 2007 in Hardware
I have an XP machine that I have been trying for days to get to install the software for my Palm Tungsten T5, but I keep getting blue screens, here is my STOP message:

STOP:0x0000008e (0xC0000005, 0x804E6491, 0xEF325750, 0x00000000)
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

I have posted on so many forums, but so far I just can't get it to work and apparently the Palm software is the only one so far that won't work. I had the machine in for warranty work, they replaced the hard drive, it used to be my main machine for syncing the Palm, but no more. I did do the mem tests, the mem86 and the Microsoft mem test, the first for 8 hours and 46 minutes with no errors, and the Microsoft test overnight with no errors there. We have tries all kinds of things, but it just won't work.

I have tried installing by way of safe mode over and over, but it starts to do the installation then it stops and gives me this message:
1607: Unable to install Installshield Scripting Runtime

If anyone has any suggestions please give me details, I do know some things, but there is a lot I don't know about computers, all I have I have learned from my brothers.

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2007
    Have you tried downloading the latest version of the software from palm's website. ?
  • edited April 2007
    Yes, I did, I had several exchanges on other forums, which I was going to link here, but being new I can't do it yet. I also got a Vista machine at the time the XP was in for warranty work, I had problems loading it there, but that machine went back because of random reboots. When I got the replacement, I loaded the Palm as soon as I could, after internet connecting and putting my preferred virus protection on. It went in on the Vista machine even though several people have had problems putting it on their Vista OS. With the Vista machine it wouldn't blue screen but it would give me an error trying to install on a normal installation, but if I tried to install it in safe mode I was getting the same error for both the XP and the Vista machines:
    1607: Unable to install Installshield Scripting Runtime

The Vista installed and synced with no problems, but the XP is a no go. We even tried moving the two mem sticks, taking one out and disconnecting the router, but nothing will allow the Palm software to install.

One final thing I would add is the Vista machine that randomly rebooted, the guy at Circuit City said he thought the extra memory stick was in the wrong slot, he put it the same for the replacement but told my husband if it gave any problems to switch the slots, it did give problems, we did change the slot and it has been working fine so far. Neither of these are expensive machines, the XP is only an emachine 3 years old and the Vista is an Acer.