Thanx For The Driver!

themattthematt New Jersey
edited April 2007 in Community
:cool: Short-Media Rocks!!!

Damn skippy! Actually, the purpose of registering, on my end of course, was to publicly 'thank' Short-Media for graphics drivers (i.e. Neo128XD.exe) I downloaded yesterday!

Moreover, the 'drivers' were for my grandson's Dell Laptop, that was absent/void of any supporting software - upon receiving the unit, from his uncle. Said 'uncle' could have been a bit more accommodating,.. I won't hassle it. Besides; "if it's free - it's for me!!!" Are you feeling that perhaps?

Additionally, I browsed endless driver download sites and forums, with no luck! Many of the driver download sites are "harboragers of spyware" (e.g. driverguide dot something), whereby downloads are conditional, as per installing bundled programs along with the desired file - not conducive to maintain the pc's integrity, otherwise insalubrious!

Conversely, of the hundreds of sites viewed, only (2) were otherwise 'user friendly' (e.g. Short-Media), not conditional to allowing 'spyware' and intrusive ads, and opinion pollings/surveys of sorts to be able to download files. And may I add (no pun intended - ads!), the targeted drivers, were not available anyway!!!

With that said, your site, was a refreshing change - a savior, considering my frustrations, previously mentioned of course. Hence, I felt compelled, to join the forum, to post my positive experience - without being initially required (i.e. to begin with) to join, to facilitate the process (e.g. download drivers etc.) actually! To be concise - it's obligatory, otherwise I could not feel truly fulfilled, in an appreciation context....

Matty Midura
Matty Midura Productions © 2001-2007

Comments

• NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Glad the forum and website could be of help to you!
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Thank you for registering. It was a treat just reading your post.
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited April 2007
    Welcome to S M :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Glad you were able to get the drivers you needed. We try our best to keep drivers updated along with providing older drivers we have posted in the past :)