Sony PCG-TR3AP no power

edited April 2007 in Hardware
Hey everyone! Im a noob here and to sony notebooks in general. The problem is that I have a TR3AP notebook that sat for 2 months indoors with no usage. It was working fine when I used it last, I shut it down and put it in its case. Then, 3 days ago, I went to power it up, and nothing! No lights on the front panel lit at all, no battery light, power, nothing! I tried a different A/C adapter and that made no difference. I even left it plugged in overnight to try to charge the battery, but to no avail! I then disassembled the laptop (with an anti-static strap) and checked to see if I was getting the required 19 volts at the mobo, and I was. I'm at a loss here!?? Is the mobo dead? I hope not because a "new" one on ebay runs around 600 USD!!! Thanks everyone!

Comments

• mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited April 2007
    Lawnboy we're not responding cause you've done a lot of good troubleshooting there. But damnit you're my new favorite poster seeing as how you type in complete sentences with punctuation and all that helpful stuff. I worked on a Dell a couple months ago with the exact same symptoms. It was the mobo and yes, they ain't cheap.

One thing you didn't mention, but maybe you tried it. What if you take out the battery and just power up on A/C?
  • edited April 2007
    Yea dude I hate it when people type in crappy online grammar! But thanks for the reply! I have tried booting without the battery in and no go! I guess I'm going to have to scour ebay and wherever else I can to find a new motherboard! Thanks again!