Firefox 2.0.0.3 Probs

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited April 2007 in Science & Tech
Weird problems I'm having...

1) The New Tab button keeps disappearing. I've gone to Customize Toolbar thing, added it back in, but as soon as I open a new window or restart FF, its gone again. Everytime. I've tried hitting Exit, and Close because I thought those saved settings and whatnot, but nothing has worked yet.

2) I know this has happened before, but I forget how to fix it. How do I make FF start up Maximized every time? It starts up just a little smaller than fully Maximized. Again, I've tried Close and Exit also, but it just doesn't "stick".

BTW it's 2.0.0.3 with no skins or anything.. Roboform toolbar and nothing else.

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited April 2007
    Grrrrrrrrrr New Tab button is always gone. I need my button back! Nobody has any ideas?? :confused:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Have you tried going into Tools- Options- Tabs?
    Then set it to open each window in a new tab.
    Also, In IE we had to open 1 window then click a link to open a new 2nd window.
    Then maximize both windows and close them.
    The next time it started up it was maximized.
    edited April 2007
    Hawk wrote:
    Have you tried going into Tools- Options- Tabs?
    Then set it to open each window in a new tab.
    Yes that is set, but I don't think it has anything to do with it. The button next to my Home button right next to the address bar that opens a new tab (also CTRL-T does the same thing) keeps disappearing
    edited April 2007
    Hawk wrote:
    Also, In IE we had to open 1 window then click a link to open a new 2nd window.
    Then maximize both windows and close them.
    The next time it started up it was maximized.
    Just tried, and it doesn't seem to work :(
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Have you tried using the small icons to give it more room to stay in that area. What tab are you trying to create there?
    I use the bookmarks toolbar --Right click in empty space on your top bar and put a check in front of the bookmarks toolbar. It will auto appear.
    I have folders and bookmarks in the bar.
    It's also nice to have the drag and drop feature for links too.
    Just grab the icon in the address bar and drop it into the toolbar, then it is added to your bookmarks toolbar.
    Here's a screenie of the bar in my FF...
    edited April 2007
    Yes my Bookmarks toolbar is always showing with my 7 links on it.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Maybe try Tools-Options-Main--
    And where it says Startup:
    When Firefox starts up, use the drop down bar and select [Show my windows and tabs from last time.]
    I've been looking for the answer to this on and off all day.
    edited April 2007
    Still doesn't fix it.. I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

The top pic shows what it keeps reverting back to, bottom is how I want it to stay.
    untitledhd4.jpg
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Ahh,OK,
    I was wondering what tab you were trying to make stay there. lol
    I have Firefox/2.0.0.1 and changed mine to have that tab or button on mine and it stays the same after closing and re-opening.
    I'll try restarting the pc too, just to make sure.
    Could be a glitch in that version.
    If it works and stays, you might want to revert back to an earlier ver. of FF.
    edited April 2007
    Its very weird because it has never ever done this before, I haven't messed with skin settings at all, never touched any of that. And all of a sudden it disappears and wont come back! I may have to revert to an older version.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Restarted my pc and got back online, no problem.
    Still have the new tab there.
    So, Maybe an uninstall of FF on your pc and re-install an earlier ver may cure it. Make sure you do a search for the Firefox folders and remove manually, because it saves your settings for the browser and will reincorporate the settings back in.
    edited April 2007
    Went back to 1.5, and it still disappears. I think I need to clear out all those settings like you said.
    edited April 2007
    I might have fixed it... uninstalled it, deleted the profile, started over. Now I'll have to spend a bunch of time setting everything back. Hopefully it stays this time though! Thanks
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Glad I could help.
    Yes, The profile is what it saves/hides and you have to get rid of that.
    That's the only problem with re-installing-- having to reset all your own preferences,re-installing add-ons,bookmarks again.
    But, As you say.. Hopefully, that will solve the problem.