McAfee Xc0000139 P:C000021 BSOD

edited April 2007 in Hardware
:confused: I am new to this site, but I am in need of help asap, I have a work computer that I use to do transcription, I was updating the McAfee and suddenly my screen went "BLUE" of my goodness, what can I do to get this resolved? It shows Xc0000139 P:C000021 a fatal system error. Is there anything I can do to solve this? Thanks in advance for any responses I receive!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2007
    I split your post off to its own thread. It will make it easier to concentrate on your particular problem that way. :)

Can you boot into Safe Mode with no problems?
  • edited April 2007
    I am going to try that now, will be right back
  • edited April 2007
    No I cannot get in safe mode, oh my, doesn't sound good.
  • edited April 2007
    I can get to the Hewlett Packard Setup Utility Blue Screen?
    edited April 2007
    First, check your keyboard. If you have one of those multimedia control keyboards they often make the F8 key pull double duty as a shortcut to another program. If the keyboard has an F-Lock key, enable it and try again.

Second, I don't think the HP setup screen is going to help.

Third, do you have a full WinXP cdrom, or just one of those goofy "Restore" discs?
  • edited April 2007
    Hi, I found my WinXP disc and reinstalled my Windows, but now I have no sound and cannot hook up to my cable modem? Any suggestions? Thanks for what you've sent me so far!
    edited April 2007
    Sounds like you need your Audio and Network drivers. They should be available at HP's website. :)