Quick dual monitor question

mtroxmtrox Minnesota
edited April 2007 in Hardware
I see too many duals where it either looks great on the 14" laptop screen and awful on the 19" second monitor, or vice versa.

Are there any laptops that can pump out different resolutions to the second monitor? I suspect not.....

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Your IBM should do. I have an IBM R51 and it supports alternative resolutions depending on the monitor :)

Display properties should allow that.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited April 2007
    <
    What a putz. I've never even tried it on this T42. It looks like you're right though I won't know for sure till I test it. I have a client with a new Vista nVida somethingerother card and I couldn't find a way to make her 22" second monitor display a different resolution than the wide screen panel on her HP lappy.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited April 2007
    I couldn't quite get there Shorty. After several attempts, I finally got 1280 x 1024 going to the 19" LCD, but then I couldn't get it to fill the screen. When I move the 19" back to my Vista box, 1280 x 1024 fills the panel. I tried all the size adjustments for the "second" Radeon card in the ThinkPad. It didn't move at all.

It would NOT shock me if I was just ignorant on this. I am way out of my depth on video stuff.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Did you remember to set the "auto" on the LCD panel? :)