Adobe PhotoShop Question

edited April 2007 in Hardware
Im trying to create an "email signature" for Microsoft Outlook. If I create an image with Adobe PhotoShop, can I insert that image into Microsoft Outlook to use as a signature. If yes, how do I do that? Im thinking the signatures have to be of the .htm / .html extension to work, maybe I'm wrong. Please help if you can....thanks alot.

RoadRunner:cool2:

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    The problem with having an image as your signature is that some people may not be able to view the signature. I suggest a nicely designed text based signature instead, especially for business use. If you really want a signature with an image, upload the image to some web space, then link to it.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Agreed! But I do also use an image in my Sig for outlook e-mails. It just attaches an image file to your e-mail. But the image I use is the company logo the rest I use text :)
  • edited April 2007
    Agreed! But I do also use an image in my Sig for outlook e-mails. It just attaches an image file to your e-mail. But the image I use is the company logo the rest I use text :)

I have included the company logo into the PhotoShop edited design, but I can't use it for some reason. When I go to "create a new signature" it won't even show me the .psd file type. Why is that? :smiles:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    You need to save it as either gif or jpg instead of psd.... psd is for photoshop, you goto "save for web" and choose a format from there, general gif or jpeg/jpg.

Gif's are good for images with only a handful of color's, allows the image to be small and artifact free, jpeg's use compression and are more widely used for photographs and such because they can hold allot of color information at a small file size.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    As RWB said it needs to be a gif or jpg.

Make sure when you insert it you use something good for the Alt Text since that is what the users will see if they have images disabled,
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Also make sure that images is saved in a spot where you won't delete it. Once it is removed it will show a image box with no image in your e-mails...
  • edited April 2007
    Thanks guys. I actually figured this out on my own after posting the question. But now that you guys have responded, I understand the differences between .gif and .jpeg a little more. :)

Thanks again,
    RoadRunner