Need Lots of Help

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited April 2007 in Hardware
Ok, this has to be the stupidest client I've had come in to date.

He wants to make this, which is going to be a poster or something, I'm not quite sure. Anyway, I had to take this home and work on my own time=no pay... and I can't get this thing to pull together. I got the sky/fence put together decently enough for him. I just can't find a good color scheme or anything. I'm just about sick of looking at this and I need some help/advice.

The reason for the nigh sky is because mr genius fencing company owner wants to silver foil (read: expensive) a couple shooting stars, which seems like a stupid idea to me. It'd be cheaper and look better to run a spot plate of silver metallic ink, but what do I know?

anyways. can you take a look at this and tell me what to do. I have a raging head ache and this is looking worse and worse the more I toy with it.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    I use this site all the time for help on getting a color pallet going for my projects.

http://www.steeldolphin.com/color_scheme.html

In your case, take a color from the image your using directly so that you can find corresponding color matches or contrast and such. But IMHO, I think with the limited info you've given on the thread, I'd use a cartoon or something simplistic instead of a picture, it just won't turn out very well on a big poster. Vectors can be your friend on big print media.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    When I have designer's block, I visit iStockPhoto for inspiration.

If you do want to sign up, PM me and I'll send you a referral link so we both get some free credits.