have a k8n master 2 far 7 ?

edited May 2007 in Hardware
Do you have a k8N master 2 far 7 ms-9620?

I'm wondering if i should update my BIOS?

I have Phoenix - Award Workstation BIOS v6.00PG

IT's only recognized 3gb of RAM - i have installed 4

I'm also not able to install my ethernet adapater driver because it says

For NT 4.0 and later make sure you have service pack 3 - but i can't get online.

Thanks.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    What OS? If it's any 32bit operating system, you'll only get 2.8-3.4GB of memory recognized.

What type of ethernet adapter? Integrated?
  • edited May 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    What OS? If it's any 32bit operating system, you'll only get 2.8-3.4GB of memory recognized.

What type of ethernet adapter? Integrated?

I have a hard drive with XP installed and one with Vista installed - the Vista HD only recognizes 3.. I actually didn't check the XP one.

The ethernet adapter is integrated in the motherboard. It's strange, but it was working on my Vista HD, but somewhere between installing drivers for other components it stopped working...
    edited May 2007
    Alright. Firstly, you won't get either operating system to recognize more than about 3.4GB of RAM, since they're both 32 bit operating systems. Sorry. :(

Secondly, are you sure that your ethernet driver is Vista-compatible? That sort of error typically indicates that the installer doesn't recognize the OS it's being installed to.
  • edited May 2007
    well the Vista OS is Vista Ultimate 64-bit

not sure if the ethernet driver is vista-combatible but it was working at one point, and now it's not. It seems to be a matter of installed the latest drivers for the Motherboard through the CD or website, but it won't allow me to do so.. for the Vista OS it actually says to install SP 3 first?
    --
    edited May 2007
    Are you sure the OS is 64bit? This is a very common issue with a 32bit OS. Have you checked the memory limitations of your motherboard in the manual? Some of them have clear requirements, such as if using 4 sticks of RAM, they must be single-sided.

If it says to install SP3, the drivers aren't vista-specific.
  • edited May 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Are you sure the OS is 64bit? This is a very common issue with a 32bit OS. Have you checked the memory limitations of your motherboard in the manual? Some of them have clear requirements, such as if using 4 sticks of RAM, they must be single-sided.

If it says to install SP3, the drivers aren't vista-specific.

It's definately 64 - says so in the system properties.
    manual says it can take 12 gigs of RAM

do u know of any place that i can find the vista drivers if not on the CD?

thanks.
  • edited May 2007
    haaaalp :(