SM23 Update

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited May 2007 in Folding@Home
Hey Team, long time, no talk. I've been butting heads with my roommate over the last while over the power bills, and a doozy it is. :eek: He wants to cut costs and so do I, (been slow at work). Anyhoo, he's really bitching about having 2 computers going 24/7 and we had to compromise.

The solution; I keep 1 computer going all the time but it won't be SM23. Instead, I just purchased my first upgrade in 3 years, a dualcore 3800+. Well this beauty is now folding under Keith's name with the newly released SMP client. This will be the way it is until the end of Aug until I move out. After that, my girlfriend and I will be getting a place together and both machines will be back on 24/7.

SM23 will be getting some needed rest after being on for over 2 years straight but holy phuck, this designate SM23 is going to be flying up the ranks for sure! First WU, 1500 pts in just 4 days!!!! :D

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2007
    Way to F:fold:LD Terry.:canflag:
  • edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear about the slow work and high bills Terry, but I'm glad to hear that you got you a new computer to play with.:thumbsup:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Thanks guys. :)

btw - It might seem like hypocrisy by mentioning reducing bills and buying a new computer but I have waited a loooooong time for prices to come down to the point that I could sell my old system and buy a new one. Total cost of upgrade? $45 :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Sounds good mate :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the update....