NES controller mod idea

MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
edited May 2007 in Hardware
I was looking at this NES controller mod and somehow I got this great idea to have an NES controller modded to have the internals of a Wii remote. :D What do you guys think, wouldn't that be awesome? I could see some dificulty in that, though, considering the Wii remote is longer and deeper than an NES controller...

I just thought I'd throw the idea out there because I don't have the means, the modding experience or, quite frankly, the balls to attempt something like this on my own hardware.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    That would be awesome. I think it's doable, because I read somewhere that the motion sensor in the Wii's remote is the size of a fingernail.

Difficult, but doable. And worthwhile.
  • edited May 2007
    You might have to add some buttons to it unless you plan on using it solely for Virtual Console, because you'd lose the A, B, Home and Power buttons (assuming 1 and 2 are being mapped to B and A on the NES controller, and - and + are mapped to Select and Start). You might also lose pointer functionality as I'm not sure the IR sensor would fit well into the NES controller shell (although to be fair, most games that have you hold the controller horizonally like that probably don't use the pointer much - actually, they probably wouldn't use A and B much either).