Shutting Down

edited May 2007 in Hardware
Ok, I have an Alienware Laptop(stats below) and I think it has an over heating problem. Because everytime I get on it to either play WOW, or The Sims 2, or anything else besides solitare or MS paint, it will run for a bit, then shut down. I have the charger in, it works, the battery is normally at 100%. Recently I've purchased a cooling pad to place under it. Another thing is, is that when it crashes, and I try to turn it on, it will almost fully boot to the logon screen, but instead it will flash a quick error message. It's so fast I can't read it, or take a picture of it or anything. But then it will turn off, and reboot itself. It will continuously loop, trying to boot and reboot until I unplug the charger. I've also noticed that it will stay on a lot longer with the charger disconnected than when it's plugged in. I'm pretty sure it's not the charger itself, but purhaps the port, because it did this with my old charger too. If anyone has any ideas, I would really much appreciate it. I can't afford to send it to alienware, and I'm sure it's the cause of my harddrive frying earlier. And even after a new harddrive and all it is still doing this. Thanks

Inside my Laptop: :(sorry I don't know what's needed so I'm listing it all)
Area 51-M
Area 51M 5500 15.4" WXGA Grey kit display
Pentium M 740 1.73GHZ 2mb 533FSB Processor
Samsung 512MB DDR2 PC4200 Sodimm
Hitachi 80GB 5400RPM PATA Hard Drive
5500 Nvidia GO 6600 256MH DDR1 MXM2 video card
8X DVD+/-RW NEC
Intel pro wireless mini-pci 2915ABG LAN module wireless network
Intel mobile integrated high-definition audio sound card
Microsoft windows XP MCE 2005 COA operating system
Cyberlink powerdvd 5.0 oem 6 channel MCE version operating system
Owner Identification card operating system