Different situation... same problem: SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

edited May 2007 in Hardware
Hello everyone, this happens to be my very first post... a couple of days ago I turned on this computer and found this error when starting up:
No se ha iniciado Windows porque el siguiente archivo falta o esta danado:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYTEM

Heh... or in english:
Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

This is would be very easy for me to solve if the Windows XP cd, but I just noticed I lost it a while ago...

As I am writing this post , using the same computer but I'm runung a Linux Live CD, just a couple of minutes ago I managed to recover photos.. music... videos... well, all of my personal data.

I thought, maybe formatting my hard drive and installing Linux.. wouldn't be such a bad idea, but yesterday I realized I am not that smart kid to be using Linux...

Help is appreciated, if anybody could just tell me if there is any way I can restore my old Windows OS by this Linux Live CD? (Slax)... or if there is any alternative way to solve the problem without haveing to have any Windows CD, floppy discs...?

I am very desperated, this is probably a very simple thing to fix, but somehow... I find myself stuck on this. I am very sorry for the spelling and/or grammar errors, I am still learning English :sad2:

Thank you!

P.S. No... I don't have any other computers in hand(which makes it even more hard for me to solve this).

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2007
    Do you have a valid Windows XP CD Key?

If you do, borrow a disc of the same version you have (Pro or Home, OEM, Full, Upgrade, etc) and use it. :)

PS: Your English is better than many of the native English-speaking people we get here. ;)
  • edited May 2007
    :sad2: No... I lost it along with the Windows XP cd case... any other ideas?

Oh and, thanks! I try. =P
    edited May 2007
    Without a Windows CD your options are pretty limited. :(
  • edited May 2007
    Yeah... I realized that after 48 hours of stressing my problem =P, after all the trouble I passed... a Windows XP SP2 Corporate (Spanish ;) ) Edition finally got to my hands, and problem fixed! I managed not-to loose any of my personal data and now I'm live up and running on Windows :D.

Thanks for the help :bigggrin::tongue:
    edited May 2007
    Glad to hear you got it going. :cheers: