Gaming Laptop

littlehippiedudelittlehippiedude Long Beach CA
edited May 2007 in Hardware
Hi guys. It's been a while since I've posted but I've been really busy with school. Anyway I was wondering what you guys would recommend as a gaming laptop. I have $500 - $700 to spend, but $700 is really pushing it. I would like it to be able to run Half Life 2, and BF2 without a problem. I would also love a really good Wireless card, since most wireless cards I've used suck. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comments

• littlehippiedudelittlehippiedude Long Beach CA
    edited May 2007
    None can help me at all?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Well $700 for a gaming ANYTHING is only give you a sub par machine for gaming...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    You won't get a laptop capable of playing those games for $700.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    You'd be lucky to find a laptop to run those high-graphics FPSs with 'no problem' for less than $1300.

Those games are taxing on a video card, and that's the weakest part of many laptop configurations.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited May 2007
    yea I payed $2400 for my laptop (and there were some rebates after), but without those it was still 2400. It runs pretty much any game out there on medium to high settings. A 7900GS is probably the best graphics card out there for a laptop, and itl cost you a good amount. They might make 7900GTX's for notebooks, but im not sure. I highly doubt you'l be able to find a gaming laptop for under $1400-1500 new.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    They are skipping that to head to the new 8800 Go series...
    edited May 2007
    Ok... Really don't NEED a laptop, just thought it would be nice. I would be able to shell out more, but I'm only 14, so I can't have a job. How about a desktop for the same price? Maybe a little more. I already have a Hardrive, Discdrive, Graphics Card, and Case. I do realize that those things arent that expensive, but it may shave a little off the price.
  • edited May 2007
    you could always go to the manufactures websites and look into a bto laptop .. (built to order) you can pick out the parts... hence; pick out the better graphics card instead of having to get a really huge system with 1 tb of storage..

also be sure to get windows xp
    edited May 2007
    betabob999 wrote:
    also be sure to get windows xp

Ya, I can't stand vista, and I would run linux, but its a little too much work for me. I just don't have the time. Ill look at a bto laptop. Thanks.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2007
    What graphics card do you have?
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited May 2007
    For 5-7 bills for a new rig? I'd be thinking AMD and try to maximize $ to get a NEW(?) Video card. And I'm assuming you already have the monitor, keyboard, mouse and have a retail XP license.
  • edited May 2007
    me?? um i have the ati radeon 1150 series
    edited May 2007
    Qeldroma wrote:
    For 5-7 bills for a new rig? I'd be thinking AMD and try to maximize $ to get a NEW(?) Video card. And I'm assuming you already have the monitor, keyboard, mouse and have a retail XP license.

I do have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and I have a new copy of XP. I have been told that AMD is a good, but I don't really know.
    mmonnin wrote:
    What graphics card do you have?

Not sure, but It's an Nivida, and Its fairly new. I know it run BF2.