pc restarts at windows loading screen!

edited May 2007 in Hardware
I really need help, the pc constantly restarts at the exact same place at the windows splash screen no matter what hard drive is in the pc, i have tried hard drives that work in other pc's and it still happens
I have tried reinstalling windows using the broken pc and it all works fine untill the second portion of the installation process where it just restarts.
I have tried setting the hard drive to primary and secondry master and slave but all with no luck.

I am sorry if anything i have said is unclear and i am also sorry for the lack of system specifications, as i dont have access to the pc till tonight after work, all i know is that its a pentium 4 2.6ghz.

If anyone needs anymore information just post and ill get back ASAP

Thanks alot to anybody who can help me in advance!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2007
    Have you tried Safe Mode?

(To get there, hit F8 before Windows starts to load.)
  • edited May 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    Have you tried Safe Mode?

(To get there, hit F8 before Windows starts to load.)

yes i have and it still restarts :(
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Could that spot where it stops be right as it's about to play the firt 'loading windows' sound?

If attempting to initialize sound is crashing the system it would behave that way: Crashing at the same point on load, and crashing during instal (when it attempts to install sound drivers)

How is the sound handled on this system? Is it integrated into the MoBo, or do you have a sound card?
  • edited May 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    Could that spot where it stops be right as it's about to play the firt 'loading windows' sound?

If attempting to initialize sound is crashing the system it would behave that way: Crashing at the same point on load, and crashing during instal (when it attempts to install sound drivers)

How is the sound handled on this system? Is it integrated into the MoBo, or do you have a sound card?

thanks for your reply, the sound card is on the mobo, i will try and disable it from the BIOS if that is possible and get back to you, again, thanks for the idea.
  • edited May 2007
    I wont be able to check the suggestions untill tomorrow so i was just wonderingjust incase the one already suggested doesnt work does anybody know what else it could be?
  • edited May 2007
    That is the hard drive problem, change another one.
  • edited May 2007
    david88088 wrote:
    That is the hard drive problem, change another one.

?

I dont understand what you mean, i said in my original post "i have tried hard drives from other pc's that work but it still resets"
  • edited May 2007
    I guess might be the power supplier, check it has enough for your system.
  • edited May 2007
    david88088 wrote:
    I guess might be the power supplier, check it has enough for your system.

thankyou very much

so up till now i have the psu and the sound card, is there anything else i can try

:D I really, really want to fix it so im just trying to find out all the possibilities, it must be hardware because the exact same thing happens with any hard drive, i just dont know enough to fix it myself.
  • edited May 2007
    possibilities are power supply, RAM, and motherboard. Take of everything from your motherboard except bootable hard drive, single piece ram, and video card, see what happen.