need help with my new graphics card :(

edited May 2007 in Hardware
Hi all,

I bought a graphics card yesterday and installed it, it worked fine for me playing world of warcraft all last night

I come to play WoW this morning and all i got was an error message, at first ithought it was the game but after moving the mouse around a bit i realised i think its the graphics card.

It acts as though there are no drivers installed, when i scroll down a webpage or move a window it seems to "draw" (i dont really know how to explain it) the page again instead of smoothly scrolling, i do have the latest drivers installed and have also tried to use the ones that came on the disk, all do the same thing, i can still choose a lot more resolutions than would normally be allowed without drivers though

my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9550 AGP, i was thinking of just formatting my computer but installing windows takes an hour then installing WoW again takes an hour and getting/installing all the patches takes an hour and im not sure that reinstalling everything will even work

please help me i havnt got a clue of what to do :( an im very sick of stuff never workin for me :(

thanks alot to anybody helping

Comments

• edited May 2007
    actually im getting sick of it so im just gonna format my pc, if you reply and i dont gte back to you thats why, i would appreciate any suggestions just incase formatting doesnt work
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2007
    Did formatting and installing new drivers help?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2007
    mmonnin wrote:
    Did formatting and installing new drivers help?

Obviously it did he hasn't followed up in 8 days and he had a driver issue.

edit: Hopefully he used the latest official drivers from ati's website as the ones on the cd's tend to be full of problems and preform much worse.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2007
    Or he fubar'd the computer royally and hasnt been able to get on the internet at all to tell us...
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    that could be the issue...