Bios Update FAILURE on Amilo Pro V2030 notebook - what to do ????

edited May 2007 in Hardware
Hi,
I hope finding a solution here because I don't flirt with the idea of taking my laptop to a service shop due to some sensitive information I still have on my hard drive.

So: I tried updating the BIOS version from 1.0H to 1.0I ... with the CD image I have downloaded from the Fujuits-Siemens website.

I have burned the CD then booted the computer from the CD, ran flash.bat ... everything worked well but at the end I got a red big screen saying it has failed and that I should now use the "crises diskette" to recover the bios.

I shut down the computer and now I CANNOT access it at all, there's NO DISPLAY. I searched the net and find out that some Boot Blocker function has kicked in and if there's an onboard VGA chip (which it is on laptops) ... then I can try and output the display to an external monitor. I then realized that this is for desktop computers who might have an additional PCI VGA card, not on-board. Because I tried to output it to my projector and there's absolutely no output.
I have to mention that pressing Fn+F3 doesn't work at all.

And I have also realized that the CD I have burned, contains a file called PHLASH16.exe ... which is actually the file from which I can recover the BIOS. Does that mean that it is a "crisis diskette" as well ?

But my main question is HOW can I get a display now ?

If I stick the CD in and boot up the laptop, I hear it is accessed and reading from it, but the screen is still blank so I have no idea what's going on.

Any useful information is greatly appreciated cuz how I said, I would like to try and solve the issue myself and not leave it in the hands of some tech guy.

Thank you.

Luc

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited May 2007
    Due to the duration you've had without an answer, it seems that no one here has an easy fix for you. I assume you tried a battery reset. You may need a chipset replacement and if you're not handy with a laptop, I won't suggest you go there yourself.

If you do have sensitive information on the system and it belongs to a company you work for, the company may have a recommended service shop. If it's personal information, you might also be able to remove the hard drive for this fix- it looks like more than a hard drive issue.

Sorry if we can't do more :/