Need help with blue screen of death

edited May 2007 in Hardware
I've been getting the blue screen of death soon after booting into Windows XP Pro. I've tried Googleing the Error code but google keeps saying "your search did not match any documents." I assume the zero's should be O's instead -- or there should be spaces where I have none -- or something like that. I've tried various different changes but still get the same message. Here is the error code -- can someone help?

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x805505A1,0xB65DB96c,0x00000000)

Thanks,
Crockett

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited May 2007
    Hello, Crockett. Welcome to Short-Media :)
    Crockett wrote:
    I've been getting the blue screen of death soon after booting into Windows XP Pro. I've tried Googleing the Error code but google keeps saying "your search did not match any documents." I assume the zero's should be O's instead -- or there should be spaces where I have none -- or something like that. I've tried various different changes but still get the same message. Here is the error code -- can someone help?

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x805505A1,0xB65DB96c,0x00000000)

Thanks,
    Crockett

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

More specifically: 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

A memory access violation occurred.

Did you maybe add some new hardware, update the BIOS or install new drivers? If you installed new hardware and have not done so, you may have to update your drivers or BIOS.

You might give Memtest a try if nothing comes to mind.

Hope you figure it out.