Brand new CD-R's not working

halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
edited May 2007 in Hardware
I went to bestbuy recently and baught a case with 50 CD-R's 700 MB maxell blank CD-R's.. i put one in once i got home and tried to put a file on it.. then when i tried to access it like open it up so i could upload a file onto it (didnt use any cd burning software) it seys
This is what it seys once you double click on it's icon

My Computer (title)
D:\ is not accessible

incorect funtion

Comments

• halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for double topic.. i posted rong question before i new about this fourm AREA
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2007
    That's not really an odd message if you try to access a drive with nothing in it but blank removable media. Can you burn a disc with no problem and read the contents in Windows Explorer after the disc is closed? :)
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2007
    halo2_god wrote:
    I have recently purchased a 50 pack of maxell CD-R's. Apon trying to access the drive and using windows xp's internal burning software built into explorer I receive an error message "d:\ is not accessible, incorrect function".

As the first result on Google shows Microsoft Knowledge Database has information regarding your problem.

This is typically caused by a conflict with roxio easy cd creator 3/4. Uninstalling or upgrading it and rebooting should fix your problem.

If you don't have roxio installed then ignore this as it won't help.
  • halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
    edited May 2007
    GrayFox wrote:
    As the first result on Google shows Microsoft Knowledge Database has information regarding your problem.

This is typically caused by a conflict with roxio easy cd creator 3/4. Uninstalling or upgrading it and rebooting should fix your problem.

If you don't have roxio installed then ignore this as it won't help.

Well i think i have it but i can't seem to find it. But i do have Nero startsmart i don't know if that will help. I just want to be able to access it normaly with windows not useing any other program