IC-LAN'07 - Offical Gaming Info

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Neither AOM nor AOE3 implemented install-media specific licensing, so I doubt AOE2 had that problem... Although the disc usually had to be in the drive for the game to start.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Man. I gotta start prepping my PC for the LAN. Gotta install a fresh copy of XP, as Vista is too iffy with games. I'm so excited! w00t!

I just wish the damn thing wasn't so big.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Has anyone found a better place than Amazon to buy AOE2? They have it for $19.

Is there any reason to buy an Editor's Choice edition of UT2K4, or will the regular edition suffice?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    try your local gamestop or EB Games USED games FTW! :)

:nudge: Prime
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    ATTN Gamers who can't/won't/don't want to bring a PC.

I can assemble a couple of pretty good gaming machines and bring them with me since I am just driving over. (7900GT in SLI with Dual Core AM2 and X1900 in CrossFire with a Dual core Pentium D or maybe a C2D E6400)
    The only issue would be a monitor/keyboard/mouse for 1 of them because I can bring 1 monitor and probably scrounge a keyboard and mouse.

The machines are totally not assembled right now, so I need some advanced notice about this and if no one will need them, I certainly have other things to do with the time ;)

But, I am volunteering to put one or both together.

Whomever wishes to use one, you will be responsible for it, I would expect treatment as you would treat your own (wellll, maybe better than your own ;):p haha j/k ).

Let me know.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Prime... do you still have monitors to loan out?

Also.. I will be bringing at least two pc's. One of which will be my gaming rig. They other are OK PC's that will be used as loaners and/ or servers. Please bring your own games thought. Don't want to get busted playing unlicensed games ;D
    edited June 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:

I can assemble a couple of pretty good gaming machines and bring them with me since I am just driving over. (7900GT in SLI with Dual Core AM2 and X1900 in CrossFire with a Dual core Pentium D or maybe a C2D E6400)
    The only issue would be a monitor/keyboard/mouse for 1 of them because I can bring 1 monitor and probably scrounge a keyboard and mouse.

The machines are totally not assembled right now, so I need some advanced notice about this and if no one will need them, I certainly have other things to do with the time ;)

But, I am volunteering to put one or both together.

Whomever wishes to use one, you will be responsible for it, I would expect treatment as you would treat your own (wellll, maybe better than your own ;):p haha j/k ).

Let me know.

If no one else has a need for it, I'd be interested in that. I get screened every time I carry my computer through the security checkpoint, and they're not exactly nice to the thing. There's no way I'm going to check it either. Heh.

However, I wouldn't want to take it from someone who has a greater need, nor would I want you to spend more time than needed, Ryder.

So, throw my name in, but put it at the back of the line, if you wouldn't mind. :)
    edited June 2007
    You got it Cyclonite :)

Going to set a deadline of Friday the 15th, that gives me the weekend before the lan and the following week to have stuff together.

Thanks to Q for the reminder: I do not have any of the games...so you will have to bring your own games, but I will have XP installed and all drivers, etc ready to go, should just have to install games and Frag on !!
    edited June 2007
    Thank you, kindly. :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Why poking me, sledge? :confused:
    edited June 2007
    try your local gamestop or EB Games USED games FTW! :)

I've never seen used PC games for sale at Gamestop, just console games. :scratch:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Why poking me, sledge? :confused:

You forget writing that article about why you don't buy used games? ;)
    edited June 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I've never seen used PC games for sale at Gamestop, just console games. :scratch:

EB/Gamestop doesn't do used PC games anymore.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:

I'd like in on this deal, I can bring my monitor and stuff and most anything games better than my lappy.

-drasnor :fold:
    edited June 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    You forget writing that article about why you don't buy used games? ;)

Someone go it :)

EB Games down the street from me has used PC games... I just picked up AOE2 for $8
    edited June 2007
    drasnor wrote:
    I'd like in on this deal, I can bring my monitor and stuff and most anything games better than my lappy.

-drasnor :fold:
    Ok....that will seal it then, I received a PM about the other one.

Cyclonite, Q said he was bringing a couple machines...you might want to see what he has, although if people aren't participating in the same matches...someone else could always use one of mine.

Looks like I better get to building :D
    edited June 2007
    I don't have outstanding GPU's though. I have a nice ATI 9800 and a Really nice ATI 1300. I'm not sure on the specs of the GPU's off the top of my head though.

The PC specs are all above 2 GHz (or AMD equivalent) with at least 1 GB of memory. Plenty of HD space for all the games...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I don't have any monitors anymore :(
    edited June 2007
    I don't have any monitors anymore :(

Uh, oh.
    edited June 2007
    CRAP... that means I might have to clear out my entire house. I think I can monitor-ize all three of my rigs. The rest of you will need to find some others. Sorry. :(
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    last year bf2 was pretty much the most fun game we played, which consisted of chopper battles between MD & Q and Sledge and Me. thats what im looking forward to. we did have some awesome hl2dm rounds going though. im pretty excited im able to come this year.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    1000 posts, sorry i had to when i saw 999 :/
    edited June 2007
    BF2 Heli battles ftw! Time to own it up :) "Sledge pulls out his brand spanking new G5 redesign with that extra firing button"

Birng the cooler again.. will fill it up with MD's and DP's
    edited June 2007
    Q pulls out his Nerf Gun and nails Sledge's huge forehead with a nerf dart.:necro:
    edited June 2007
    I am one with the Stinger missile.

Just sayin'.
    edited June 2007
    Sledge Pulls out his 10 ton hammer and pummels Q into the ground... "teaches you to shot me with anything"
    edited June 2007
    Q takes all of Sledge's Gaming Raffle Tickets away and gives them to snuffie.
    edited June 2007
    <---- owned
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I am one with the Stinger missile.

Just sayin'.

...as will be everyone else. Well, you won't be so much 'one' as you will be fine mists comprised of countless numbers of nasty little droplets. Tatters of your clothing will dance through the air as though it were a ticker tape parade, celebrating the molting of your corporeal shell, and heralding the arrival of a newfound 'enlightenment'. :p
    edited June 2007
    sharkydart wrote:
    ...as will be everyone else. Well, you won't be so much 'one' as you will be fine mists comprised of countless numbers of nasty little droplets. Tatters of your clothing will dance through the air as though it were a ticker tape parade, celebrating the molting of your corporeal shell, and heralding the arrival of a newfound 'enlightenment'. :p
    Well... there. Sharky's on my team and he's got my back!!! So There!!!! :p