Any help or ideas?

downsideupdownsideup Manchester, UK
edited June 2007 in Hardware
hey. recently ive come accross a constant bsod with the code
0x000000e(0xc0000005,0x898329D2,0x89D1BC44,0x00000000)

ive done everything i can think of (except re installing windows)
Used registry mechanic to check reg
Through the F12 boot menu ive done Boot to utility Partition, and after nearly 3 whole days of testing that came back as all Passed.
On F12 ive ran hard drive diagnostics, and that was ok.
tried to go back to various retore points

the computer in question is not connected to the net

i can boot in safemode all right, and everything is still there and accesable. nothings been deleted/modified

before this happened i was getting Visusal basic runtime errors when playing games (legit CD games, not downloaded), tho i didnt save the msg so i cant remember the info on it.

do i have a dead box on my hands or is there still hope?
any help would be appreciated!
Andy

Comments

• downsideupdownsideup Manchester, UK
    edited May 2007
    oh by the way, i have
    Windows XP Prof
    Intel Pent 4
    Raedon x600 256mb

anything else u need just ask
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    E's KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I believe. Usually happens when a bus dependent device croaks. Try replacing your video card.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited June 2007
    0x0000001e is KMODE_EXCEPTION...but he wrote 00E which is pretty rare. I've been watching to see if anyone had a handle on this one. Best I can find is this KB article that also mentions your 0xC00000005 parameter but it describes an old NT4.0 problem with multiprocessors.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2007
    Have you run a memtest on it yet? Failing ram can cause havoc all over the place.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Do you have any cards other than video in the box? After memory I would pull cards and see. My wifes machine was doing similar things and after yanking them out and re-installing it has been clean.