Asus A7N8X OC'ing

edited June 2003 in Hardware
What do you have to do? I did it a little while back, and got my 2100 to 1.95ghz. But I had to clear the BIOS.

Comments

• ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    You mean just upping the fsb and multiplier?
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited June 2003
    I got myself a ASUS A7N8X running 1.750 volt 200FSB 2600+. Not really sure what you mean you have to do though....
  • edited June 2003
    I could only get 204FSB out of my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe.
  • edited June 2003
    When I try to OC now, it says "CPU Over speed" (Or something to that effect)

I can't OC at all...
    edited June 2003
    That is because you have to unlock your processor before you can oc it.
  • edited June 2003
    Which is done how?
  • EMNEMN
    edited June 2003
    Well the A7N8X should unlock TBreds but the board (imo) sucks, and it's unlocking track is very spotty at best.

1st I'd try to flash to the newest BIOS. If that doesn't work then you can try joining bridges to unlock it...but it's better if the board auto-unlocks it.
    edited June 2003
    Link here

how to unlock your cpu
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    try www.athlon-unlock.co.uk they have a lot of good unlocking tutorials

Craig
  • edited June 2003
    I used video two at www.tomshardware.com to unlock my old 1900+.

The asus should unlock your processor.
  • edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Walter E. Kurtz
    When I try to OC now, it says "CPU Over speed" (Or something to that effect)

I can't OC at all...

if this is with the asus just go into the bios and save exit and that should fix it.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    The nForce 2 only "unlocks" Thoroughbred B Cores. What core 2100+ do you have Walter E. Kurtz?

Craig
  • edited June 2003
    Originally posted by CCW
    The nForce 2 only "unlocks" Thoroughbred B Cores. What core 2100+ do you have Walter E. Kurtz?

Craig

My asus a7n8x n-force unlocked my 2200+ A core
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    My bad, all Thoroughbred cores sorry

Craig
  • edited June 2003
    I seem to remember my A7N8X giving me that message way back when(OK, December at least) I had my XP2400 in it. I think that it gave that message when I tried to drop the multi back below 13 without disabling the high bit sense bridge.

Walter E. Kurtz, were you by any chance trying to lower the multiplier beolw 13 without doing the bridge trick to your 2100, assuming that it is a Tbred B 2100? If so, then leave your multi at 13 and overclock the fsb speed.
  • edited June 2003
    My multiplier is at 6.5...
  • edited June 2003
    Set your multiplier back up to 13 and overclock the front side bus speed. With a Tbred B 2100, you should be able to get past a 166 fsb pretty easily and the pci/agp is locked on the A7N8X board. If you want to enable multipliers lower than 13, you will have to do the mod explained on this page , which is to close the right-most L3 bridge.