Dual Opteron

FAH_WWFAH_WW Training in Indianapolis, IN
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Got a dual Opteron 240 bit of gear coming tomorrow - won't be able to try it till Wednesday due to work :(

However, one of the things I struggled to find (in the UK?) is registered ECC DDR333 -

I know you guys are mainly US based, but no doubt you've got loads of UK visitors too - any ideas where I could get branded memory for a reasonable price? For now I've just got 4 sticks of 512MB registered ECC DDR, I'm sure it will work but I'd prefer to get some branded stuff.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    wow! you lucky dog!
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    Try checking over at 2cpu. Ask around in there is my best advice.

Tex
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    The best 2 places are Komplett.co.uk and Crucial.com for Cheap RAM, Komplett is good for everything all round.

NS
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by FAH_WW
    Got a dual Opteron 240 bit of gear coming tomorrow - won't be able to try it till Wednesday due to work :(

We'll be waiting for some benchmarks! :D
  • EMNEMN
    edited June 2003
    Gimme! :rarr:
  • RobRob Detroit, MI
    edited June 2003
    For now I've just got 4 sticks of 512MB registered ECC DDR
    If it works, don't fix it ;)
    If its a server just let it run, if your building a benchmark whore OC box, getting parts and breaking them is part of the fun ;)

I wouldn't be too surprized to see alot of standard DDR run fine, but I haven't built any myself.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by NightShade737
    The best 2 places are Komplett.co.uk and Crucial.com for Cheap RAM, Komplett is good for everything all round.

NS

Ive never seen either of em do ECC DDR33 only 266

Craig