Wolfenstein ET!! w00T!!

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited July 2003 in Gaming
Yall played thisun yet??

If not go get it because it KICKS A$$!!

Its 100% free, no need for the full version.

Personally Ive been playing it a lot more than bf1942.

I think I found it @ http://www.worthplaying.com/

(they are down now otherwise I would link directly to the file)

Comments

• PeckersPeckers Sweden
    edited June 2003
    yeah it kicks monkey-@zz!!
    would be really nice with some new campaigns though.

you can get it here aswell(gooood speed);
    http://ftp.fragzone.se/?file=spel/rtcw/EnemyTerritory/wolfET.exe
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
  • PeckersPeckers Sweden
    edited June 2003
    It was originally intended to be a addon to wolfenstein, but they released it as a stand-alone game instead. and yes it's only multiplayer.
  • edited June 2003
    Yeh it's great my local lan centre has it and it rules :D
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    i just installed it and i am gonna play it once i get off werk. i am pretty excited about it, cuz i was one of the few people that really enjoyed that game. it seemed like so many people had negative things to say about rtcw . . .
    edited June 2003
    Was playing it earlier, actually I dont think its that bad, quite fun.

Can figure out how to hit people with that allied scoped gun though....

NS
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited June 2003
    Going to DL it right now and give it a try when I get home later this evening. Sweetness all free and stuff...
  • edited June 2003
    i think its really good, some of the maps arnt balenced as good as they could have been but a great game all around, look for me i'll be playing as sTALKER
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited June 2003
    I play as 4mFakter. Look for me...youll most likely be somewhere in my crosshairs ;)
  • LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
    edited June 2003
    What is this? Some multiplayer mod? What is it like?
    edited June 2003
    What is this? Some multiplayer mod? What is it like?
    Its 100% free, no need for the full version.

Stand alone Multiplayer only game.

NS
  • LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
    edited June 2003
    well yeah but how does it compair to WolfMP?
    edited June 2003
    I dont know, I dont have wolfenstien, just download the damn thing and try it yourself :p

NS
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    you guys ready to form a team/clan ...SM could use some competition! Hehe ...
    we don't have very many yet just a few ...about 4-5 so far
    let me know please

csimon
  • edited June 2003
    Zealous-Zealot

Watch for me. Or try to. :)

I hang out on the Wrath server mostly ( 207.44.240.42:27964 )

Medic powah.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by LIQuid
    well yeah but how does it compair to WolfMP?
    Same but each roles are a bit more complex and teamwork is obligated. Not just a engineer bombing a door and you take the papers. Here the engineer has to build a bridge and you need guys backing you, after that you gotta walk with a tank or mount it and shoot and get to another place. and blow a fuel dump. Just an example of 1 of 6 maps. The rest are really diffrent. Each sides have there advantages and disadvantages. You've got Covert Ops which can steal uniforms and can use a sten or 2 sniper rifles. You've got an engineer that can set mines, The Field Ops (formerly Lieutenant) and the soldiers are mostly the same. You get expierence and get more stuff like better ammo handling, you can see mines, dual pistols, better specialties, etc. Just try it.
  • edited July 2003
    Yes, don't be fooled by the the fact that it's free. This game is very well done. The maps could be a bit more balanced but are much better than RTCW's in my opinion. Much more teamwork is required. It's the best free game I've ever played, even better than most games I spend money on actually.

I've been a big fan of MOHAA's objective based play for a long time. Enemy Territory is the first team based game I've enjoyed as much as MOHAA. I can't believe this expansion is free just because the single player didn't work out. Thanks Activision.
  • edited July 2003
    IT's A great game but it takes me an hour or so to find A server I can connect to.
    I don't know if it is A problem with my router (Linksys BEFSR41) or what. Does any one here have the same problem?
  • edited July 2003
    I've used the in game search and Gamespy, and I've never had a problem finding a good server. If you're using the game to search maybe you should try resetting your filters or just try Gamespy.
    edited July 2003
    Also try this to find servers, widely used and supports hell of a lot of games.....

http://atomnet.co.uk/?p=programs&search=ase

NS
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I also use All-Seeing Eye and it's really nice.