Low performance: what happened to my array?

EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I benched my RAID0 array for the first time in a while for the bench thread. The performance was kind of strange (you can check my post there if you'd like but screenies are coming here). Kind of low. So rather than hijack that thread to solve the problem, here goes.

KD7-RAID (HP374 onboard controller)
AXP 1700+ @14*173=2427MHz
2x WD 1200JB (120GB, 8MB cache "special edition"), RAID-0, separate channels. 16k/16k stripe/cluster
Windows 2000 (normally)

Here come my two most recent ATTOs..

Your help's appreciated muchly :)

Comments

• EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I tried WinXP in case the OS was fault (not very likely in the first place).
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Can I assume latest drivers? Chipset, RAID controller?
    edited June 2003
    And I found where I saved the original performance from when I created the array. After that series of benching and selecting 16/16 (with a lot of help from Icrontic actually :)), with tweaking, the writes did improve to at least the level of the reads.

What do you think?
    edited June 2003
    Hmmm... pretty stupid of me not to check those. Although I did use 2 installs. Well, I'll look around.

But assume those aren't the culprit and if they did contribute you'll hear about it.

edit- To put it at ease, I installed the latest Hyperion 4in1s (4.47) for no change in ATTO, and my HPT is at 2.34, the latest on the ABIT website.
    edited June 2003
    Interesting note: killing F@H immediately causes ~6-10X increase on the first read, 0.5. Probably not related but I'm surprised. The first two screenshots were without F@H by the way. I'm not so sure of the folding claim "proven no impact on performance"... in fact I can probably statistically prove that there IS one.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    For sure test with nothing running for starters.

Tex
    edited June 2003
    as requested:
    edited June 2003
    *bump* hello?
    edited June 2003
    Okay I sorta feel like I'm talking to myself because there hasn't been a response in a week. But the Sandra's were a little funny looking. Let me know what ya think.

Bypassed cache:
    edited June 2003
    Thru Windows cache:
    edited June 2003
    Thru cache, turned on Cacheman for this one.