RAID 0 array

CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Hi,

I have 2 x Maxtor 60GBs in a RAID 0 array. I've taken them out so I can sell one and keep the other. One of the is OK but the other thinks its a 120GB HDD (this has happened to me before but I jsut claimed it was faulty when it wasnt and RMAed.) How would I go about making the 60 that thinks it s a 120GB seeing itself as a 60GB again because when I try to load Widnows, I can only format half of the disk!

Thanks,
Craig

EDIT -
The Card is an Adaptec 1200A RAID Controller w/Highpoint 370 chipset

HDDs are Maxtor DiamondMax16s

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    Pull it off the raid controller and fdisk and format it again. Its probably still seeing crap from the raid array. Also make sure you delete the array in the bios before you do anything. That alone may cure it.

tex
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, I did take it off the card, plugged it into an IDE channel on the mobo and yet it still thinks its a 120GB, I never put it on the RAID controller by itself.

Craig
  • edited June 2003
    It maybe a fault with the drive's report to the BIOS. You may have to set the BIOS up manually.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Get the maxblast utility from Maxtor's website, and low level format the drive. if the computer STILL sees it as 120gb, RMA it.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by primesuspect
    Get the maxblast utility from Maxtor's website, and low level format the drive. if the computer STILL sees it as 120gb, RMA it.

Ah ha! This could be the answer, thanks, i iwll get back to you!

Craig