Lego case?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2003
    iv got 6 80mm fans in the front of the computer and 2 80mm fans on the back of the computer.
  • edited July 2003
    That is reasonable, and what I have in my Antec SX1040 case . I will only say this-- If you have a DVD and can put a fan above it, this will syphon off heat trapped in it that normally passes through case metal. In the case of the metal casing the metal keeps the magnetic drives working by syphoning off heat. the side opposite the CPU does not need a fan where heat from the CPU fan impacts because the metal side first dissipates (spreads not only into air on othr ide but spreads through side metal also) the heat and then radiates it through the baked on enamel layer into air.

In the case of large plastic windows many folks find it worthwhile to hav one fan right opposite the CPU. Depends on how fast CPU is and how good heatsink is and how good fan on heatsink is-- one alternative for CPU issue is to form a vent to one back fan from CPU fan, but that same vent can block a Video card fan's ari flow which a side fan will help vent.

John Danielson.
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited July 2003
    hehe, i msut be the under dog... i have one fan blowing out the hot, on the side of the case, on blowing cool to the ram, and one blowing cool air into the case.. and of course ther is the one on the proc. so that makes 4 fans :(