Can some one explain this

Cyber13Cyber13 Virginia
edited June 2003 in Hardware
What is the data loss issue on the Abit NF7-S motherboard?
Is this a new issue and should the board be avioded?
Read this link http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1817

Comments

• MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    There was an issue at one time where the bios chip would get erased for no known reason. It usually ocurred when you made some kind of change where the softset settings for the cpu had to be flashed into the chip (an automatic function) and then the bios eprom would be blank when it went to reboot. A lot of people who were trying to overclock and making a lot of changes to there settings would have to buy a second eeprom to recover it. I have a Rev 2.0 and overclock and I have had no problems at all. I also have flashed the bios 4 times and it has been fine also.

I wouldn't shy away from this board for that article right now. Board is a screamer and is solid as a rock. Memory bus at 400Mhz tests Sandra at 3100Mb/s or more. It never even hiccups.

Go for the Gusto.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Ditto on what MissileMan said. I have the rev 2.0 also and it is a great board. I do recomend using the new 14 bios as it fixes anything this revision had wrong.
  • EMNEMN
    edited June 2003
    Actually, the 2.0 revision of the NF7-S has extra BIOS protection features, so the chances of a BIOS death (although still possible) are much much lower than with the rev 1.0/1.1/1.2 boards.