Abit NF7-s chipset cooling

ElbowhiteElbowhite Croatia
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Now when I'm waiting for my nf7 mobo I was surffing around for reviews and I noticed on some pictures that there's no cooling on the mobo chipset. Why? Is it on all nForce based mobos like on this one (haven't checked) and why is it like this?

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    NF7-S has the typical active HS on the NB and nothing on the SB just like most AMD based mobos. I replaced mine with a Zalman passive HS and the extra air flow from the fan on my SLK-800 CPU HS cools the passive NB qite nicely. I also put an old P II HS on the SB. I beleive the pics you saw without any NB cooling were after the HS was removed. Just look at a pic from newegg or the Abit site.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    I know that the mosfets on the nf7-s doesnt need a heatsink or anything to cool them down. And like mtgoat said, the nb has a plain old aluminum h/s wit fan.
  • ElbowhiteElbowhite Croatia
    edited June 2003
    Well, that's the problem couse on every site were I have read the review there was no heatsink on the nb. Ok, thanks.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    It just has an Orb style cooler on it, not the bets but it works.

Craig
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Although it does have a heatsink on the nb, if you are going to be overclocking a lot, you might wan't to invest in some AS3 to put on the h/s also.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    Or Epoxy on a larger sink ;)
  • EMNEMN
    edited June 2003
    I have one of those socket 370 50mm hsfs on my NF7-S's NB, I put it in place using zip ties. It's working very well.

Link - http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=Cooler+Master+DP5%2D5
  • ElbowhiteElbowhite Croatia
    edited June 2003
    Thx, guyz, of course I want to o/c it.
    Here from you when I recieve it and stick up a larger heatsink on the nb.