200FSB & RoN Game Sync Problem???

EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I running a 2600+ @ 200FSB and whenever I run RoN I get a game sync issue causing the game to crash...:(. I running 1.75 volt to the CPU. If it isn't clocked to 200 say running at 185 it seems fine. Any suggestions??

Comments

• edited June 2003
    Yeah, it doesn't like the overclock. Try more memory voltage, more core voltage, more VDD if you're using an nforce2 board, or a combination of the aforementioned voltages. If you don't want to/can't give it more voltage, just drop the clock, that's all I can say.
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited June 2003
    What is VDD??
  • edited June 2003
    Chipset voltage on nforce2 boards.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    This is probably an obvious question, but what is RoN?

But as quack said, up the voltage, if it still crashes, clock down.

NS
  • DexterHolland911DexterHolland911 Hong Kong
    edited June 2003
    2600+ at 200fsb, I'm assuming you dropped the multiplier right? What DDR voltage are you running at? You'll have to increase the voltage probably. Or you could be reaching the top limit of your overclock.
    edited June 2003
    Yeah I'm running 11.5 x 200. DDR is at default. It is Corsair 3200LL 1GB. RoN = Rise of Nations. My CPU is sucking in 1.8volt. Is the chipset volt the same as the CPU? Getting kinda confused I don't see a voltage control for the chipset...
  • EMNEMN
    edited June 2003
    More importantly what motherboard do you have? If it's a VIA chipset, then the hard drives, video card, other PCI cards might not be liking the high bus speeds. Plus if you have a non-nForce2 chipset you won't be able to change the VDD, and it won't matter. But it's usually labeled "VDD" or "Chipset Voltage".

Also to rule the CPU as the culprit rome Prime95 for a bit or fold a protein or two, if that goes well then it's not the cpu. Upping the mem voltage a little would rule that out. Then if it's an non-NF2 board it's like that PCI cards/hard drive are not liking the high bus speed.
    edited June 2003
    Asus nforce 2 v2.0
  • edited June 2003
    Ouch. Better leave the overclocking to the real boards :-/
    edited June 2003
    What??? It is a decent board....

Why do you figure that the RAM needs more voltage?? My Corsair stick are supoose to be able to run at PC3200 speeds. So my memory should be stable...
  • EMNEMN
    edited June 2003
    Ok, so it should not be the ram or PCi devices. It's most likely the CPU or the board needing more VDD. I don't think you can change the VDD on the board unless you have the latest BIOS.
  • LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
    edited June 2003
    i agree, try updating the bios so you can raise the VDD. Does it crash on anything else? Anything that is system intensive? Usually when a system is unstable because of something to do with the hardware, more than one thing is affected.
    edited June 2003
    Nope everything else seems to run fine. I can play any other game and it doesn't have a problem...
  • LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
    edited June 2003
    video drivers?
    edited June 2003
    Running 3.4 Cats for my Radeon 9500Pro.
    edited June 2003
    I did some looking around in the BIOS the other night. The only thing I could find was the voltage control for VDDQ for the AGP. It is currently running at 1.5V. Let me know if this is the right one.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    check to see if you got fast write enabled, if you do, try disable it
    edited June 2003
    Don't you want that on to speen things up???
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Turn off Fastwrites and Sideband addressing, both can cause more problems than they are worth and half the time are dissabled by default for that very reason. Make sure they are dissabled in the BIOS and in the drivers (may need to use Rivatuner to turn them off at driver level)

NS