What other popular mods are there for the bios?

TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I only used wpcrset for the software cooling but... I know guys that had a ton of tweaks in there. You have not by any chance kept a database of popular tweaks for memory and stuff have you?

Another more difficult mod that I have done a couple times for myself and only once for others was doing the Full Promise Raid hack. Replacing their sorry Lite Bios with the full regular bios and then using the full raid drivers also. Its more complex then the HPT bios update as they tried to keep ya from doing it. But once you have a set of modded promise bio's and drivers its not so bad. Have you ever considered offering this service too?

Tex

Comments

• edited June 2003
    I have never had the opportunity to screw with the Promise stuff. I have always had the Highpoint Raid and 99.8% of the people that I did bios mods for had the Highpoint. That doesn't mean that we can't do it, Just that I never have.

The tweaks for the memory and what not are still out on the web for several of the popular boards and can still be done with ease. I have download and zipped a bunch of PCR files for use with WPCredit in the Bios Modding Tools thread.