I can't wait to finish this one...

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited November 2003 in Internet & Media
I am recreating a Poster I have, it is taking FOREVER to do becuase I use my free time to do this(which is fairly limited). It's going to be Vector, so I can scale it to any liking I want and have it still be clean. Like if I wanted a poster the size of a building ;)

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited November 2003
    Very nice :)

Are you using Illustrator for that?

Vector based graphics are great, especially if you want to import them into After Effects and animate them for video or export as shockwave files.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    that looks sooo nice bro
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Dexter had this to say
    Very nice :)

Are you using Illustrator for that?

Vector based graphics are great, especially if you want to import them into After Effects and animate them for video or export as shockwave files.

Exactly! I have 3 projects due within the month for AfterEffects relate material. Well only 2 actual AE projects, one PrePro in Photoshop. I want to finish this image up tonight... but prolly won't happen..:ninja:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2003
    I see you're saving the best (parts) for last.

:p
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    profdlp had this to say
    I see you're saving the best (parts) for last.

:p

This is my own way towards Pen tool mastering... so yes, best parts for last, to insure a... "quality" project ;)
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    looks very good, very professional looking job, wish I knew how to do this sort of stuff!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    That is incredibly ****ing good, Loki.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited November 2003
    :thumbsup:

Looks great so far. Don't forget to show us the finished product.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I love illustrator. It's one of the greatest programs ever made. I used to do all my maps for tabletop D&D in illustrator and I fell in love with it.

One of the greatest books for learning illustrator, IMHO is "The illustrator WOW book".. It gives you some amazing examples and then step-by-step how the artist(s) created them. They also have a photoshop WOW book - also excellent.

RWB - Great work, dude.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    primesuspect had this to say
    I love illustrator. It's one of the greatest programs ever made. I used to do all my maps for tabletop D&D in illustrator and I fell in love with it.

One of the greatest books for learning illustrator, IMHO is "The illustrator WOW book".. It gives you some amazing examples and then step-by-step how the artist(s) created them. They also have a photoshop WOW book - also excellent.

RWB - Great work, dude.

HAHA You guys should see how many paths I am using... I have a good book, butI haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Called "Visual Quickstart Guide". Gonna see about finishing this today though.
  • CobaltCobalt Connecticut
    edited November 2003
    Ugh. I wish I knew how to do vector images. :(
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited November 2003
    RWB, nice stuff. You use a wacom or just mouse? Wondering as I use a mouse and the results are good enough for government work..But your lines are really right on. I'll post some of my stuff this afternoon.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Mouse, although I may be buying a new Scanner and possibly a Wacom tablet today... I have to choose between those 2 items or a Digital Camera... very hard decision.

Prolly the Scanner and Tablet... more fun :)

But yeah, pen tool is GOD... the icon of the Pen Tool has replaced my crucifix :respect:

In Pen we Trust :ninja:
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, I'd go with the scanner/tablet option for now. It's probably what you need in the short run.

This is what I've been doing in illustrator. There's surprisingly few contemporary inuit images in the stock houses. So I have to build my own.
    edited November 2003