I Need A Diagnosis!

pcscustompcscustom Oklahoma
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Hey all I am at my vacation place right now and the system i built for here is acting up a bit..
There are shadows on the screen.. IE, When you have a dark color over a light color you can see the shadow of the dark color across the screen.. Also the screen flickers on and off ie monitor wants to go into standby mode while i am here typing....
Specs:
Asus P2B-F Bios Latest
PIII 500 @ 575
Temps CPU 92 MB 88 <---Farenheight
Nvidia TNT2 Pro 32MB AGP
320MB SD133 Ram
400 Watt PWS
15GB ATA 100 7200 RPM HD
16x DVD
CRystal Sound PCI
Broadexant 56K v.92

Now i just bought a new Viewsonic E55 Monitor thinking it was that but it wasnt.. Any ideas?

Trev :rarr: cmon guys get my rarr back :)

Comments

• pcscustompcscustom Oklahoma
    edited June 2003
    tried that.... doesnt fix anything...
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited June 2003
    Which Detonator drivers are you using? Along the same lines as M33pins, maybe you should underclock the video card.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Erm....... silly question, but make sure the cable in in properly, and also try setting the refresh rate (Display >> Advanced Properties >> Monitor) to 60hz, see if its a bad refresh rate doing it.

NS
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    You didn't mention where your vacation home is but take a moment and stick a voltmeter in the power outlet from the wall and make sure the voltages are solid.

Tex
    edited June 2003
    the vacation home is on a lake in oklahoma,,, the electric checks out 109.8 refresh 1024*768*85hz cable is in and i cleaned contacts reseated and underclocked the card to 100/110 stock is 133/150 this has me stumped and since im only down here a month out of the year im not going to build a new system...

Trev :rarr:
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by pcscustom
    REMOVE PLEASE!

I am not seeing it... are they gone now? And unless its the first post in a thread you can remove it by editing the post and delete is at the top,

tex
    edited June 2003
    It wont werk!
    edited June 2003
    No, look, see, you are supposed to LOWER the refresh rate to 60, not just look at it.

NS
    edited June 2003
    I am not completely stupid and i know the delete box is there but the fact of the matter is the damn thing doesnt work.

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Logged in user: pcscustom [logout] "
    edited June 2003
    Oh well, have you tried lowering the refresh rate yet?

NS
  • edited June 2003
    Super Duck to the rescue.
    I am not completely stupid and i know the delete box is there but the fact of the matter is the damn thing doesnt work.
    You certainly are not. Users can not Delete their posts. Post can only be deleted by the mods. Fixed it up for ya. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Opps took out one too many posts and made Tex look bad. Oh well. :)

Back on Topic.
    edited June 2003
    TY Canuck Yea Refresh l0w3r3d but makes it worse... put it back up to 85 for my p00r 3y3s........