Microsoft Intellimouse Optical USB (OEM) $24.25
Vantec Aeroflow Sale price: $27.79
Abit NF7 nForce-2 Socket A Motherboard $102.99
Sapphire ATI OEM RADEON 9500 $145

any comments suggestions?

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    That xp1700 price looks high. I would recomend going with XMS3200 for the memory as you will get a lot more out of it than the Samsung. Scrap the Vantec for a SK-7 and a good fan. All together it should come out around $35 more than what you listed if you get the SK-7 from SVC and the rest from Newegg. Otherwise looks good. With the changes suggested you will have no problem getting 2.3 out of that 1700. If you wanted to get a bit more you could go $50 more for the 9500 Pro. (ZOOM ZOOM)
  • edited June 2003
    Hmmm yeh i was looking at sk-8 is that much better then the sk-7? a good fan ehhh i want a good trade off between noise and ability

• CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    Maybe TwinMOS w/WinBOND chips for RAM? Good stuff! Spec looks good!

Craig
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited June 2003
    You can definitely get the xp1700 tbred-b for less than $60.

Also, you might want to check the Cyber Deals forum in the trading post. Omega65 has been posting some great deals he has found.

Here's one for an ATI 9500 Pro...
    http://www.icronticforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=839
  • edited June 2003
    Hmm the 1700 is the one from svc that is meant to be the good overlocker but ill have a look arond at some more
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by ^Ben
    Hmmm yeh i was looking at sk-8 is that much better then the sk-7? a good fan ehhh i want a good trade off between noise and ability

The next in line over the SK-7 ($19.95 @ SVC) is the SLK-800 ($33.95@SVC). Some say the differance in performance isn't that much but I went for the SLK-800 myself anyway. If you're trying to stay on budget you can get away with the SK-7 and put that savings into other memory.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    I would get the 1700+ from newegg, they usually ship out the good steppings on their processors, I ordered one about 3 weeks ago and got a JIUHB, which are getting some great overclocks out of.
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited June 2003
    The XP1700's from NewEgg are risky as they do not specify 'B' core atm.
    As mentioned before, PC3200 or even 3500 for about the same price will be better.
    You can get a bigger HD for about the same price or even less after rebates.

Check www.bensbargains.net or www.techdeals.net for better prices and rebates/coupons

Good luck!

• edited June 2003
    wahaha bens bargains bins :D its a signnn!!!

Ben's Bargain Center Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on deals LOL! this is what ive nicknamed this PC

Well im going with the xp 1700 from newegg

and im getting a sk-8 but i still haven't decided on a fan :(
    BTW What XMS memory did you mean im looking at the 512 for 112 dollah but mebbe you meant a differnt one?

P.S. Any one from the usa that is willing to help me can you please message me :)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003

What dba you looking for in a fan? Does much noise bother you? You should be safe with a panaflo or a ys tech.
    edited June 2003
    wahaha bens bargains bins :D its a signnn!!!

Ben's Bargain Center Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on deals LOL! this is what ive nicknamed this PC

Well im going with the xp 1700 from newegg

BTW What XMS memory did you mean im looking at the 512 for 112 dollah but mebbe you meant a differnt one?

P.S. Any one from the usa that is willing to help me can you please message me :)

YSTech makes some good fans and I like the variable rpm models. I am currently running the ThermalTake SmartCasefan 2, which works quite well. I would get the 512mb for $112 that you mentioned. You simply couldn't go wrong with it!
  • edited June 2003
    Yes im getting the smartcase fan :D
    And the memory you said :)