Trillian

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Science & Tech
Is there any way of stopping it from popping up when someone messages you? At the moment I may be typing or something and it pops up infront of everything else and takes focus, meaning I end up typing in the god damn IM box instead, that or it kicks me to the desktop from games.

Anyone know how to stop this?

Cheers,
NS

Comments

• edited June 2003
    click preferences, then open the group titled "window" on the left, (use the little +/- thing) then click initial, its the last one under window, then in the middle on the right, it talks about making new windows, and you want to click "hide automaticly and notify me via system tray"

hope that helps :)
  • edited June 2003
    As did I - Great tip :D
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Great tip.
  • GobdGobd Seattle, WA
    edited June 2003
    You should get trillian pro from here . It uses less memory, looks better, and has a lot more options :)

No warez is contained in this post, all i said is that they should get trillian pro and then post a link to a random google search.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    pphhwaarr......

Cheers for that Joe, blind that I didn't notice it myself though, the amount of times I went through the preferences.

NS
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thanks for the tip. Damn annoying in the middle of a game.
  • edited June 2003
    really though, you guys shouldnt be online via trillian if your playing games - unless you expect to be messaged :D

At least the non-pop ups make it possible now though :D
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited July 2003
    I'd recommend buying Trillian Pro. I donated $5 long before Pro. was even announced, so I was given a complimentary 1 year membership.

However, if you're considering this you might want to wait ~3 months for a new version. Also make sure you are buying it for the program and not the "membership" (constant news updates, fixes, new releases, etc.) because as it stands now those were empty promises and the Trillian "members community" is up in arms about it.

Also, when you buy it you get access to the members forums which include a plugin development forum where you can grab plugin betas, alphas, etc. and also give ideas to 3rd party plugin devs. You also get access to the members section of the website which has announcements from the company and official plugins.

So while yes, it's probably possible to get a warez copy... IMO you should go for a membership so you get what's mentioned above... maybe it's just my thing by to me "plugins are everything" ( Well... 90% ;) )
  • edited October 2003
    I'd recommend buying Trillian Pro. I donated $5 long before Pro. was even announced, so I was given a complimentary 1 year membership.

Same here :D
    edited October 2003
    Just paid the $25 renewal fee in Sept. :)

I just wish more plugins were released, maybe 2 a month or so.
  • edited October 2003
    I've not paid the renewal yet, am I supposed to be able to download updates?... because they let me.
    edited October 2003
    i'm not sure if the final version is out yet. I believe they said they will let pro members keep their old subscriptions until a few weeks after the final version of 2.0 is out, this way they don't get jipped. i'm not 100% sure on this though, but i believe thats what i read. can you still access member forums? also, you got your pro account back in sept 2002?