New PSU needed for this rig?

R4CK3RR4CK3R Oklahoma
edited August 2004 in Hardware
In a couple of weeks I'm gona order off for a new mobo/cpu/HS to upgrade my curent system for QuakeCon. I need to know if my 350w Enermax PSU will handel the new setup because I'm on a really tight budget. The system I'm upgrading to is going to be:

Abit NF7-S
Barton 2500+
Thermalright SLK-800

my system is running 2 HDD's, 2 CD drives, 5 80mm case fans (including the CPU fan), and a 120mm fan running at 5v

I won't be using my Audigy or NIC in this new rig.

Thx in advance

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    You never really can tell, but I think it will be close. To be honest I have run a 1.4ghz T-Bird off a 200w soI think you would be ok.

NS
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited June 2003
    Im runnin an XP2000+, 2 Optical drives, 2 hard drives, a zip drive, 2 NIC's and a Gf4 Ti4800 on a POS generic 300w PSU. Id say that you should be fine with a 350 Enermax, they make solid PSU's.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Should work fine.
  • R4CK3RR4CK3R Oklahoma
    edited June 2003
    That's good news guys :D
    Thx alot

Would there really be much of a power increase between my curently running Abit KG7-raid/AXP 2000+, and the Abit NF7-s/ 2500+ ?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    If overclocking, yes. I would guess alot of you hit 2-2.4GHZ.
  • edited July 2004
    Hey, I'm thinkin I need a new PSU right now, but I'm not too sure. I am running a 250W PSU, that came standard with my PC, but since I had it ive put in 512MB more memory to make a total of 1GB, an Audigy 2 Platinum, DVDRW drive, extra 160GB 7200RPM Hard drive, and upgraded the gfx from 64MB Geforce MX 420 to 256MB Geforce FX5600. Lately ive noticed the DVD drive openin slowly, and im wonderin if this is a sign of needin more power??
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    feederfan wrote:
    Hey, I'm thinkin I need a new PSU right now, but I'm not too sure. I am running a 250W PSU, that came standard with my PC, but since I had it ive put in 512MB more memory to make a total of 1GB, an Audigy 2 Platinum, DVDRW drive, extra 160GB 7200RPM Hard drive, and upgraded the gfx from 64MB Geforce MX 420 to 256MB Geforce FX5600. Lately ive noticed the DVD drive openin slowly, and im wonderin if this is a sign of needin more power??

Yes, i bet you do!!, this is an old thread BTW, check out the sticky herePower Supply Calculator :cool:

It may not be 100% acurate, but it will give you an idea as to what you should be lookin at.

Here is my vote for one of the best buys out there. Fortron 530W Power Supply :thumbsup:
  • edited August 2004
    Here is my vote for one of the best buys out there. Fortron 530W Power Supply :thumbsup:
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2004
    i just ordered that same rig, and i was advised to get a mobile 2500+. low power consumption and made to withstand heat. ill get my mobo in a few days, i am real excited, people hit 2.4 fairly easily, or so i hear . . .