Awesome XP Tweaking Tool !

TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
And I have used them all. Sometimes one will only do one or two things better or differant then another tool and I have tried Tweak XP pro, Customizer XP, XP Power Tools and a host of others but...

I started playing with X-Setup I think its called and its awesome. It has TONS of shit the others don't have and I only need the others for a couple things now.

Be careful as some of the stuff is dangerous! Image or backup the OS before playing around.

Tex

Comments

• drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    yeah, thats it. i agree, its easily the best tweaking program out there. and it gives pretty good explanations for each option and very clearly warns you when you are about to do something that could possibley incapacitate your pc. but i guess those are the types of thrills we live for . . .
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    I killed my ability to do stuff like right click on my computer and go to "manage". Was barfing on the version of msi dropin or saying I didn't have permission somehow and.... (grin) so be careful buts an awesome tool for modding stuff that others don't allow.

tex
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    System Restore or Norton Ghost ;)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    Can't image on two of my big boxs. Or at least I have not figured out a way to do it yet. I started using XP/win2k's built in backup program and will create ERD's for each box. Only one I can image or even use some other disk tools with is The kr7 with hpt raid.

I have every box dual booting so I defrag one OS partiton while booted to the other etc.. But anything that boots and basicaly goes to Dos to make the changes or run screws me over as most don't allow me to add custom aspi drivers for these big bad scsi raid controllers. And since the OS partion letetrs vary from box to box ( I have 4 in my house) you can't have one generic OS backup. I need images of each and every finished OS backed up somewhere or the change in drive letters screws ya over etc...

Its a lot differant when you have a variety of differant partitons with differant OS's on each box like this.

I think I need a big DLT tape drive. And one really big IDE drive in a removeable tray also...

Tex
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Used to use this program back on Windows 98. Didnt know it even worked on Windows XP, oh well, nice to know its still going, did have some quite useful features and better to use than most other tweak programs.

NS