Fluctuating temps after flash

PlecPlec UK
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I flashed the BIOS of my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe (Rev. 1.06) from 1002.a to the latest version (1004). Everything seems to be ok apart from my temperatures & temperature monitor (in BIOS).

My CPU temps have gone up a few degrees (I’ve taken the recent weather into account) but stranger still is the way the CPU temps fluctuate dramatically when in the BIOS. They flick form 49C down to 21C every 2 seconds. Yet in windows using the ASUS Probe Utility it’s a steady 47C (idle).

I know this isn’t the biggest of problems but I was just wondering if anyone else with this board has had a similar experience after flashing to this BIOS?

Is it worth re-flashing – could it be a symptom of something far more erroneous down the line?

Additional: I used the ASUS Update facility, as the ALT F2 method wouldn’t work for me. I have to say it was brilliant – far less scary than trusting a floppy.

If your Windows environment is rock solid I would really recommend it. I used the method where you d/l the BIOS first to your HDD & then use the ‘Update Bios From a File’. You get to watch the whole process on a reader friendly GUI & if it goes wrong you’re still in an environment where you can try again – plus it’s being flashed from your HDD rather than a temperamental floppy.

I’m not saying this method is better than the floppy – more that it is far less intimidating/scary. Most painless BIOS flash I’ve ever experienced.

Plec