comp wont start please help!!!

Nightwolf1820Nightwolf1820 Rhode Island
edited June 2003 in Hardware
i just built a new computer and i connected all the power cables and everything but the only thing that works is the display in the front of the case. the fans and everything else doesn't do anything and it wont turn on. my computer has a matrix case, p4g8x deluxe motherboard, geforce 4 ti4800SE, 2x 512 pc2100 ddr sdram, allied 400w dual fan power supply, SB audigy 2 platinum, cdrw/dvd drive and 120GB HD. plz help if u can i want to get my computer running.

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    Are you very sure you have the power cable attached correctly?

Tex
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Are you sure you aren't shorting out your motherboard to your case? Try to run it outside of the case to see what happens, with just your vid card, ram, h/s, and cpu of course.
  • Jolyon33Jolyon33 Kalamazoo, MI
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, you gotta strip it down to the bare essentials. It could be just a loose wire to a fan or something. Start with the absolute minimum like Clutch said and see if it works. If it does, then add one item at a time until its together or it fails, in which case you'll know what the bad part is.
  • Nightwolf1820Nightwolf1820 Rhode Island
    edited June 2003
    how can i run it outside the case? how would i turn it on?
    edited June 2003
    and when i said the LED's work, its only the front display when the 20 pin thing is not connected to the motherboard. when i connect it to the motherboard the time and stuff goes away and its just a backlight.
    edited June 2003
    could i have messed one of the parts up too?
    edited June 2003
    i got it working at bare minimum and im gonna keep going and try to get the whole thing working thanx so much guys u helped a lot
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Anytime man, that's what were here for. Oh and could you resize your sig pic please? It's kind of big. Also before you put your motherboard back into the case, make sure all your standoffs are in correct so nothing is being shorted out.