mIRC help?

edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I want to make a channel on IRC for a gaming clan. I know how to make a channel, but I need to know about bots, and scripts and whatnot so I can keep the channel open, and all the other good stuff. I'm rather new to this. I was wondering if there is a website or something dedicated to helping the n00bs from the bottom up? I really don't know what it is I want to do though. Maybe trivia sometimes, and maybe that thing where you connect to someone, and look at their download directory and download from people using those commands and what not... Being a n00b, and the fact that it's 5:30am I'm drawing a complete blank at the moment.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

Comments

• edited June 2003
    I know Gamesnet and prolly a lot of others have ChanServ bots. They sit in your channel and keep people from stealing ops (normal users anyway). Try joining #support or looking for a support channel, or even ask someone how to register a room.

http://www.mircscripts.org/ has a bunch of stuff you could use.
  • edited June 2003
    Why thank yah kindly sir!
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited July 2003
    #help wil ltel lyou everything you need to know, to register a channel you need to have people idleing in there for a bit, few hours i think

Craig