I have a question

LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Okay, I am looking for a new mother board and just wanted some input from you guys, any good experiences, and any bad experiences. I have a 1700+ T-Bird, maybe hoping to maybe get another, I have some ddr ram, and am hoping to get a new radian card. So I need a board for a t-bird (maybe two), supports 8x agp, and supports ddr ram. Hope to hear good times only ;)

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited June 2003
    Epox
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Do you plan to oc any at all? A little more info please.
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited June 2003
    naw, dont plan to oc.. jsut hoping to upgrade most all of my computer.. right now my mobo needs the most, i got it as a temp mobo like a year and a half ago for like 60 bucks.. i jsut need somthing that will last, not gonna OC, not anyone whos gonna complain that its a week old, jsut want to know what to get
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I would look into one of the NF2 boards. Most of them perform quite well while some do better than others. They all have a "locked" AGP/PCI bus that makes overclocking a breeze by not subjecting your other components to the stresses of high bus speeds. Some will "unlock" the T'bred "B cores" so you can adjust the multiplier without any hardware mods to the chip. There are some good values to be had here too. It will all depend on just what you want to do with it. Do you want the best O/C'ing AMD board, something simple and inexpensive or a board that is extremely feature rich. I personally have an Abit NF7-S that others and myself consider the current O/C'ing king and has as many features as you could really want for around $120 (average price).

As far as another chip I would go for A 2500 Barton (512MB L-2 cache) or an XP1700+ from somewhere that guarantees a JIUHB 0310 (or later) DLT3C stepping.
    edited June 2003
    okay thanks goat, i was lookin at the nf2 bords anyway.. they look pretty good for what tehy cost.. heheand now i might be able ot get a extra stick of ram wiht the 30 or so bucks i saved, ha!
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    A nf2 board will last you for a while, since you won't be stressing your cpu at all with no overclocking, and if you get some decent ram then you really shouldn't have many if not any problems at all.
    edited June 2003
    okay, should be gettin it tomarrow, ill tell ya how things work out!