What would you like to see on Icrontic?

AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Community
I'm planning on having a spellcheck added into the forums very soon (I really want to get it in tonight. Not sure if time will allow though), it might be the middle of next week before I settle down from moving etc to get it done though.

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited July 2003
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2003
    Well I'm sure that the meat of the site ( the articles ) are being worked on right now, other than that I really can't think of anything right now. I like the spell check idea though. The forums are going really good, members questions are getting answered and no flaming that I have seen so that's a good thing. The downloads page could use some more files also.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited July 2003
    lots of great hardware articles!!!! ;)
  • Epyon202Epyon202 New York
    edited July 2003
    i would like to see a 3d modeling thread. with tutorials, things ppl made, tips and so on
  • edited July 2003
    The program that comes with Paint Shop Pro would be a starter for this kind of thing. I can rememebr soem friends doing this on an Atari ST, but I myself did not play TOO much with it.

Are you talking about Rendering, which is typically still work, or motion 3D????

CAD with skinning and fine-shaping algorithms is modelling in one sense, but the motion effects in games can use more shading shifts to imitate motion than true 3D depth remappings. Are you looking for ART or realism 3D???

John Danielson.
    edited July 2003
    if its a 3d model, thne it can go into the 3d modeling thread, motion or still, I guess that makes sense.
  • edited July 2003
    Ok, but what I was asking was what kind you wanted tutorials for, or wanted to look at FIRST.
    edited July 2003
    oh, hmm, well i would probably want tuturoails on still stuff becuase im just learning like i said and i first have to learn how to make still things before moveing them. I would also perfer 3ds max 5 or any of the other ones.. 1-5 becuase thats the program im focuseing on the most, but tutroials on rhinoceros 3.0 might alos be useful
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Aran: We REALLY need that Spellchecker SOON mate :p

NS
    edited July 2003
    yeah.. i might type my replys in word first so i can spell check it :D
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited July 2003
    More news please :) and the weird news we used to get was nice also :)
  • dellindellin Wisconsin, US
    edited July 2003
    i would like to see a Computer Audio Forum, sound cards, speakers etc.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited July 2003
    I think it would be nice if there were (more) themes available, or even better, allow us to customize the way the pages are displayed. Not sure how much of a strain that would put on the servers, though, but if not much, then I think it would be a welcomed addition.
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited July 2003
    an RSS feed for the main site and possibly the forums!
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Smilies, Themes, Downloads, RSS Feed, More news and the cool news the old Icrontic used to have.

NS