Top 5 games ever?

2»

Comments

• drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    i couldnt agree with you more about link to the past. i replayed that game millions of times. its so great . . .
  • Captain-Bort-BortsonCaptain-Bort-Bortson New Orleans, LA Member
    edited July 2003
    I mentioned AVP2 in the 5 worst games thread, and a response so i wont repeat it here. Another great game I found is Operation Flashpoint. Anygame where you play a mission were you try and steal a car with secret documents in it and find out you spent 3 hours just replaying it is a good game. Also I think the 1st spec ops mission where you sneak up on a few commies, shoot one in the back, shoot the other 2 as they turn around to realize what heppened, sneak down a mountain, place satchel charges avoiding tanks and patols by hiding in bushes or under trees, sneak back up, shoot the 4 unlucky guys who found your previous work, take an Anti Take missle, detonate the charges, use the rocket launcher to blast a jeep and watch it flip over and crash into a tree, watch the guards go ape s*** and sneak away and play it 20 times to see if you can do better is fun.
  • Captain-Bort-BortsonCaptain-Bort-Bortson New Orleans, LA Member
    edited July 2003
    Oh and dont worry about the Jack and Crack comment. I didnt even give it a thought as anything more than what it was. I couldnt possibly get "upset" or whatever on something as trivial as game opinions.:) and dont see how anyone else could
  • edited November 2005
    My picks are:
    1. EVE Online - my new found game that really rocks my world...
    2. WOW - pretty good
    3. MU Online - cool and fun
    4. C.S. - exciting
    5. Flyff - it's cute & fun

Right now, I'm very excited with EVE 'cuz I've heard that there will be an expansion this coming December...COOL!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2005
    Holy thread from the past, but what the hell.

1. Pong. It's the game that started it all and is known of by almost everyone. You just can't have a game that is morely highly rated then pong.

2. It's a tie between Space Invaders and Pacman. Again they are still two of the most wildly known games and are still available in arcades. Plus they were just fun simple, mindless vidiot fun.

3. Super Mario for Nintendo. This game is pretty much the definition of platformmer with it's countless secret areas fast action and almost universal appeal. There were certainly other platform games before it but none to this level of quality.

4. Another tie - between Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. They were crowning achievements for their time and are the grandfathers of the modern scrapping games. They set up the control, combo and violence concepts that are still used to day. Plus they are still very playable and fun.

5. This one was tough but I think I'll have to give it to Pole Position. It's the first real racing game that was more then a block moving between other blocks. It was certainly challenging and also (I think) the first race game that wasn't a top down view of the track. You were driving into the screen and that was very revolutionary for the time.
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited November 2005
    1. Sonic the Headgehog - good ol sega g. I played that game when I was younger for days and days at a time! The graphics sucked, but it was so awesome!

2. Zelda for n64. not only was n64 the best counsole, it had some of the greatest games ever... zelda was a prime example with the serise of events that would all effect gameplay.

3. Half Life: Country Strike 1.4 - Although the graphics of 1.6 is so much better, and the gameplay is better, the simplicity of 1.4 was so much nicer.

4. Diablo II- I've played the game for 15 hours strait and the only reason I stopped was to go to school. Constant adventure, always somthing to do, so many routes to take.

5. Original Tetris - Hours and hours and hours and hours of fun.