DC redirect thread

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Community
Hi Aranyic, I strolled into the DC forum and noticed that the redirect thread was not there anymore and then realized that the forum is set to not show threads after 30 days unless you specify to display them going back to at least the time it was created. Is there a way to have it always displayed after any time period?

No biggie but the forum looks funny with nothing but an announcement for new staff.

Cheers.:)

Comments

• AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Sticking the thread to it?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Looks good, thx a lot!:)
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited July 2003
    Maybe it should re-direct to: ABIT USA Folding Forum. ;):D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Now, now... Back away from the thread slowly, MrBill, and we won't hurt you. :p
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Or I'll redirect it to this team: http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=747

(I have no clue who the other two are either..why the hell are other people doing for for team aranyic.)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2003
    It was really just supposed to make sure that anyone lost that had not located S-M and the folding team could find ya guys. Not as a life long commercial for ya.
    Icrontic will not start another competing team but as far as I'm concerned I have no problem if Mr. Bill wants a blurb for team abit either. Not like I have any say so anymore but... Thats my two cents worth anyway.

Tex
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited July 2003
    I was only kidding about the re-direct to ABIT USA.

But...if we're not going to have a Team Icrontic, maybe it is only fair to give our members a choice. :)

i.e. A link to ABIT USA's folding forum, a link to amdmb.com's folding forum, etc...

Just make the link to Team Short-Media always be on top (stickied).
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    hey how about a link to team addaboy, we're like so gonna be number one in like ten years or so, we're going strong at number 270 something! woot! we suck!
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Tex
    It was really just supposed to make sure that anyone lost that had not located S-M and the folding team could find ya guys. Not as a life long commercial for ya.

Tex

Do what you want because it is your forum. I am only concerned with lost folders who may be interested where #93 is.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2003
    Dude if your lost folders have not found their way home in 6 to 8 weeks then they are not "lost" they are gone buddy.

And no its not "my" forum. I am not connected with Icrontic in any official capacity other then as a poster so I do not make any deciisions about what happens here anymore. But I was the one that orighinaly setup the deal with that post to help you out and make sure that anyone confused found your new home.

And if they are still missing then I think realisticaly you better assume they are just gone at this point.

Tex
    edited July 2003
    Actually, there are many who don't normally participate in the forum thing like we do on a consistent basis. When these "said" people run into problems and then come looking for the folding Team for help is what I am concerned with. Could be tomorrow, could be next month or could be 6 months from now. Advertising and commercials are not things I am after here.

Again, thanks to the IC staff, past & present for allowing the redirect.:)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by TBonZ
    Actually, there are many who don't normally participate in the forum thing like we do on a consistent basis. When these "said" people run into problems and then come looking for the folding Team for help is what I am concerned with.
    Yeah, I was gonna say that too. It happens more often then you'd think.