GRUB + usb keyboard = bad?

TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
edited August 2003 in Science & Tech
grub does not seem to like my USB keyboard (logitech elite). it works when using the PS/2 adapter, and it works in the bios either way. i'd like it to work with usb, i appreciate your help

Comments

• RobRob Detroit, MI
    edited August 2003
    You probably have an option to use the bios to power the usb keyboard or the OS. I know mine does, and if its set to OS, then the keys only work for the bio's and once its fully booted.

Check your bios settings?
  • edited August 2003
    RTFM -- "USB requires Windows® 98, Me, 2000 or XP"
  • trippintrippin Chatt, TN
    edited August 2003
    There should be an option in your bios that says something like "USB Legacy" it needs to be enabled to use usb keyboards in dos, and sometimes linux.
  • RobRob Detroit, MI
    edited August 2003
    Canuck,
    Is this your first day in linux?? Everything "requires Windows® 98, Me, 2000 or XP" but that doesn't mean any of us listen
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2003
    if i was going to read the manual, i wouldn't need icrontic :-D
  • edited August 2003
    Originally posted by Rob
    Canuck,
    Is this your first day in linux?? Everything "requires Windows® 98, Me, 2000 or XP" but that doesn't mean any of us listen
    If I want it for Linux, I usually make sure it's supported before buying. Then again, if it don't fit, don't force it......... get a bigger hammer! :)
  • trippintrippin Chatt, TN
    edited August 2003
    Even WIERD things like KEYBOARDS are supported under linux canuck and so are MICE. Now if you were buying some kind of raid card or tv tuner you should look into compat, but with things like keyboards you're generally pretty safe.