For Those of you who are looking for a big Maxtor.

edited August 2003 in Trading Post
As Of August 10 and through the 16 of August 2003 Staples is advertising a 160 GB Maxtor for about $110.00 after a real large rebate set, pre-sales-tax. This is something my local Staples has not done lateley.

Same dates ,they are selling, after rebates, a very very good Epson C82 for an after-rebate cost of $49.99 (about, a few pennies off maybe). These are likely due to one of two things-- either Epson is getting ready for next printer gen, or the Staples buyer got a very good bulk-buy deal. They are marked special buy and you need to move fast, like ON the 10th or 11th as rain checks are not normally given for Special Buys. These printers are worth it at $90.00 net and are both faster than and print better than my C80 whihc was a bargain when I bought it at $129.99.

With Epson ink they print photos as well as most Photo printers, though a tib slower, and they will use generic for normal use (I print business cards on generics on a C80 (same ink) and can tell you a place that ships nationwide and sells the C82 generics reasonably if asked-- if far away buy ahead, they like to ship their cartridges ground to eliminate when Air and low pressure does to Epson generics because the ink leaks and the carts change shape in air shipping and then misbehave a bit if air shipped-- these people also test cartridges locally before putting on the web site and I drive 15 miles to get to them.).

The C80 is abit noisy, the C82 less so by a bit, also.

Now you know why I subscribe to Staple's sneak peeks flyer newsletter and the sneak peeks site it references\links to goes by your zipcode for local flyer. This gives them more people drawn to the sotres more than printing and mailling flyers, I am told, and it will let you print a shopping list also.