New TV for Gamecube and DVDs

edited October 2003 in Gaming
I am planning on buying a new TV to play Progressive Scan on GC and DVDs. I am looking at a few models but I don't know if they necessarily support PS. Here they are:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?j=1&id=1051826206260&skuId=5341187&type=product&cmp=%20%20

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826205309&skuId=5340794&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03003

Any others that you guys can recommend?

Price range should be around 500$
Around 30in
Has to have component inputs...

Flat Screen also...

Comments

• Captain-Bort-BortsonCaptain-Bort-Bortson New Orleans, LA Member
    edited September 2003
    The sony wega i have works nice i think you can get a 20-26inch ish for 500, i forget the exact size, my friend has the next step above 19inch and he loves it. The links that your provided werent working as the site is updating but anyway, thats my 2 cents
  • RMFRMF
    edited September 2003
    Originally posted by Captain Bort Bortson
    The sony wega i have works nice i think you can get a 20-26inch ish for 500, i forget the exact size, my friend has the next step above 19inch and he loves it. The links that your provided werent working as the site is updating but anyway, thats my 2 cents
    I have a 32" sony wega and as far as im concerned it's great.
  • RMFRMF
    edited September 2003
    Widescreen BTW :)
  • edited September 2003
    But does it support Progressive Scan?
  • RMFRMF
    edited September 2003
    Originally posted by Walter E. Kurtz
    But does it support Progressive Scan?
    No, it's not an HDTV.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited September 2003
    Sony makes a TV that is Hi def and it's Image quility is secound to none. Personally I went with a 51inch widescreen from sony and am very happy with it. I hook my pc up to through a dvi cable and game play is awsome and looks good but a Hidef TV would be better for games becouse of brightness and viewing angles etc.
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited September 2003
    We own a Toshiba 36" model 820 lines of resolution. We paid $1500.00 for this tv a few yrs ago. It is not flat screen. Toshiba is listed as the #1 mfg of TV's in the USA, best screen, trouble free.
    We also have the 27" Toshiba std TV and a APEX 20" Progressive Scan TV Flat Screen w/built in DVD Player. The Toshiba 36" TV was purchased new in 1997, and never had a tech touch it.
    It has the connections for in & out whatever you might need for TV in & out from the video card. You may pick up one of these APEX units at Sam's Club for $165.00.
    We are very happy with ours, clairity is supurb w/AC3 hookup to DirecTV.
  • edited October 2003
    walter, i am also looking for the same exact thing you are. what tv did you end up buying?

:D